Escape the cold for a 3 night getaway to Tropical North Queensland. Stay 3 nights at DoubleTree by Hilton Cairns Esplanade in a guest room and add your choice of either a return trip to Kuranda on the Kuranda Skyrail cable car or a half day Green Island tour.
The heart of Tropical North Queensland, Cairns is an exciting city that takes pride in its cultural heritage and its tropical climate. Take a dip in the Esplanade lagoon, taste up a storm at a farmer’s market, or head out to explore the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef.
Whether you’re hankering for a relaxing break or a wild adventure, Tropical North Queensland, where the rainforest meets the reef, is a perfect holiday haven for adventurers of all abilities. Great weather, incredible swim spots, wild adventures, a pretty-as-a-picture backdrop of jungle-clad mountains and loads of activities all add up to a holiday you will never forget.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Cairns, QLD|
|WHEN TO GO||You can visit Cairns year-round, but the best time to go is March – October when the weather is cooler and there are fewer stingers in the ocean.|
|PRICE||From $350 per person, twin share|
If you’re wondering what makes Cairns so great for travellers with special needs check out Julie Jones from Have Wheelchair Will Travel‘s review of this far north Queensland holiday hot spot.
|Travel period||Price valid for stays between 1 Nov 2018 – 31 March 2019. Stays outside this period available, but price may vary|
Accommodation at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cairns Esplanade
Spend 3 nights in a guest room. Accessible rooms are available and there are 2 available in the resort.
This oceanfront hotel has views of the Coral Sea and a stunning natural setting amidst landscaped tropical gardens. The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns is a short walk from the city centre, and Cairns’ business, retail and entertainment districts. The hotel overlooks the picturesque Cairns Esplanade, and is just moments from Cairns Lagoon and Cairns Casino.
- Premium waterfront location on the Cairns Esplanade
- Easy walking access to Cairns Lagoon and the city centre
- A relaxing tropical landscape, including a deep-water barramundi fish pond
- Complimentary fitness centre and outdoor swimming pool
Cairns to Kuranda on Skyrail
This experience is a must do in Cairns and provides a unique perspective of Australia’s World Heritage listed tropical rainforest. You’ll be immersed in the sights, sounds, smells and tranquility of one of the most botanically fascinating areas on earth. Skyrail has purpose built gondolas that offer a sustainable, birds-eye view of North Queensland’s living natural wonder and provides an accessible opportunity for to learn about ancient plants and animals which can still be seen in the rainforest today.
The Skyrail experience from Smithfield (Cairns) to Kuranda and back takes approximately 2 ½ hours, which includes an allowance of around 20 minutes at each station to enjoy a Ranger guided boardwalk tour and visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre, lookouts and displays.
What’s included in a round trip Skyrail experience?
- Free parking at Skyrail’s Smithfield Terminal (Transfer options also available)
- 2 ½ hour Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience including the Red Peak and Barron Falls Stations
- Ranger guided tour at Red Peak station
- Entry to the CSIRO Interpretation Centre & historical displays at Barron Falls Station
- 3 spectacular lookouts taking in the Barron Falls and Barron Gorge National Park
- Free time to explore Kuranda – the Village in the Rainforest
- Companion card holders travel for free
Green Island Half Day Tour
Discover the Great Barrier Reef with this half-day tour to the lush paradise of Green Island, a protected coral cay. Cruise from Cairns aboard a luxury catamaran and enjoy 2 hours on the island to spend as you wish. Try snorkelling where you might spot giant clams, tropical fish and coral gardens, or join a glass-bottom boat or semi-submarine tour. You can also explore the emerald rain forest on walking tracks or simply soak up the sun on sandy beaches.
What’s Included in a half day Green Island experience?
- Cruise transfers to and from Green Island by modern air-conditioned catamaran
- The choice of a glass-bottom boat tour or use of snorkeling gear for the day
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Prices quoted are per person, twin share
- Prices valid for travel 1 Nov 2018 – 31 March 2019. For travel outsides these dates, call us for pricing on 1300 404 100
- Prices may vary based on the specific dates of travel. Call to confirm pricing for your specific travel dates
- There are 2 accessible superior rooms available. If these are required for your booking, make sure you advise our travel consultant at time of booking
- Accommodation excludes breakfast, which can be purchased from the hotel directly at check-in for approx. $25 per person.
- If you’re travelling with children, please contact us for child prices on activities
- Companion card holders travel at no charge and we will advise the supplier time of booking
- Skyrail have commenced development of a new lookout at Barron Falls Rainforest Station that will provide unimpeded 180-degree views from the waterfall, down along the gorge. It will be installed using the latest in low-impact construction techniques to protect the surrounding environment. Preliminary site works at Barron Falls Rainforest Station are currently underway. As part of the project, two of the existing lookouts are closed to the public. The third lookout will continue to be open to guests throughout the duration of works, providing ever popular views of the waterfall and surrounding landscape. It is anticipated the new lookout will be completed by January 2019 subject to favourable weather conditions during the construction period.